first aid kit for the home
- Activated charcoal to absorb toxins - use on veterinary advice only, they will advise dosage
- Powdered mustard, hydrogen peroxide or other emetic - use on veterinary advice only, they will advise dosage
- No chew vet wrap
- Sterile gauze
- KY jelly
- Syringe (non-needle) or small squirty bottle
- Loctite Superglue Gel
- Active Manuka honey 10+ UMF minimum; the higher the UMF the more effective the treatment will be, colloidal silver (antiseptic, disinfectant), Hibiscrub (antiseptic wash), hydrogen peroxide (anti-microbial), Savlon spray, Purple spray (works on gram negative and gram positive bacteria), Neem oil
- Neocort cream: also antiseptic, useful for minor cuts and to stop dogs from scratching allergic skin reactions.
for pain relief
- Paracetamol syrup or tablets - use on veterinary advice only, they will advise dosage.
for allergies, stings and bites
- Piriton anti-histamine or pharmacy own brand of clorphenamine maleate.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Soothing gel for minor scratches and skin irritations. Tastes bitter so unlikely your dog will lick it off.
- Tick remover
for paw and nail problems
- Silver nitrate pencil
- Animalintex or NAF poultice, Epsom salts
for ear problems
for digestive problems
- Tinned Chappie
- Dioralyte or other electrolyte powders
- Tinned pumpkin, lactulose or liquid paraffin
for kennel cough
- Children's tickly cough linctus, administer as for 12 year old child